Welcome to the New Blog Home

Welcome to the Dank Daziez New Blog Home


       Hey everyone! Welcome to the new online space. After searching vigorously for a suitable website, we've landed here. I'm excited to get back into blogging after a long hiatus.

       After many years of letting my creativity slip away, it's exciting to be back online and sharing with the world. No longer letting toxic relationships or a poor live-work balance stop me from being emotionally or spiritually drained from writing and sharing my brain child Dank Daziez.

      So let's get to it...
          Dank Daziez has been an idea of mine for about eight years. I wanted to create an online or physical zine for the people like me. I'm a young African-American woman living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've lived here most of my 27 years, and I feel like it shapes my quirky and worldly outlook. I've never really felt like I've had a place to call home. Being able to write the complex and sometimes problematic thoughts that linger in my head and get them out into the world is the only place where I feel like I can truly be myself, and the pages in which I've confided are the only place where I can kinda feel at home. I've been through many trials and tribulations, so I feel like I can at least empathize with the infinite amounts of news that we hear and experience on a daily basis. I self identify as an extroverted introvert, which is probably why I like writing so much. Displaying my inner thoughts from the safe space behind a pen or screen feels very comfortable, but with advancements of technology who doesn't feel this way? Now more than ever it can seem like everyone has an online presence, which is true to some extent...but is it credible? Does anyone really care what you have to say? If no one cares, then why post online at all? If people do care, then why not make it interesting? 

      Here I'll commit to post at least once a week. Giving commentary on local and worldly news, music, and culture. Thanks for joining me on this journey and I hope you like what you read. Feel free to leave comments and suggestions on topics that you're interested in, and I'll get back to you.

      

      So with all that said, happy to be here. Let's get active!

💖Danita DieNasty, Editor in Chief


Comments